- Strategic visionary working with senior executives and R&D to develop, create and implement innovative marketing programs to expand product lines and corporate growth.
- Create and execute ongoing programs to achieve worldwide brand awareness. Link all marketing, operation and production initiatives to the brand integrity.
- Build strong teams within all divisions of the organization, coordinating activities and common vision for designers, fabricators, office and manufacturing staff. Work closely with other department leaders to realize growth and strategic vision.
- Design and deliver innovative concepts, marketing presentations, collateral, and events that cultivate awareness and generate interest.
- Developed and managed unique $2MM sales incentive program including research, design, communication and implementation. Successfully championed project to executive board and managed its dissemination to 1,000 staff and dealer organizations. Substantially increased revenue and created immeasurable long-term good will and loyalty.
- Within a 2-year period, successfully positioned a new to the Canadian market, American high-end commercial flooring manufacturer as a viable contender against its well established competitors through strategic and visionary thinking, resourcefulness, and a keen ability to effectively identify and pursue opportunities.
- Managed annual trade show and conference budget.
- Played an integral role during the conceptual and design phases of the new product development process by conducting in-depth research to ensure the viability of new market entries and subsequently creating marketing strategies to support new product launches, which helped company earn “Outstanding Innovator Award”.
- Developed sales and marketing strategies that succeeded in expanding dealer network from 500 to 2,500 internationally over 6 years, and fostered highly beneficial relationships.
- Designed and produced marketing materials, including websites, e-blasts, corporate videos, brochures, and annual product catalogue which set a new industry standard for quality.
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Developed and executed strategic, integrated communications initiatives that generated awareness while ensuring consistent messaging. Managed media relations to maximize reach and optimize community profile.
- Created and managed Canadian and international public relation and media initiatives, including trade magazines, television, radio, developed media kits, acted as spokesperson at trade shows and events and wrote speeches for Executive for a speakers circuit.
- Introduced and managed monthly dealer forums resulting in improved relationships and communication amongst manufacturer and retailers.
- Created and directed the production of effective trade and consumer marketing campaigns including print, web and multi-media advertising and, point-of-purchase merchandising programs.
- Increased awareness and elevated client’s profile by developing a successful national television advertising campaign. Created concept, wrote copy and oversaw production and media buying processes within aggressive time lines and a limited budget.
- Achieved 100% of new registered events within the first 3 months through effective advocacy and promotion of the organization.
- Developed and executed unique events, which generated substantial revenue for corporate and not-for-profit organization.
- Initiated and developed operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising business relationships, and sponsorships.
- Developed strong supplier partnerships to ensure a coordinated and high quality material resource. Negotiated cost effective contracts to build marketability and competitive edge.
- Recruited and led teams of volunteers at the committee level, and built positive volunteer partnerships to support effective program execution.
- Established and maintain a client base of over 500 designers, architects, and dealers to achieve a highly competitive sales presence.
- Work closely with designers on specifications for commercial projects. Successfully develop rapport, credibility resulting in positive and sustainable relationships.
- Secured a partnership with General Motors corporate headquarters, developing a customized workplace wellness and heart healthy activity, which established the first ongoing program of its kind at GM.
- Planned events and conferences, consistently adhering to budget requisites and managing all logistics for seamless delivery. Produced collateral material and orchestrated agenda.
- Developed and managed teams of staff and oversaw implementation plans and budgets for assigned programs, maximizing event awareness, participation and customer service.
- Successfully engaged keynote speakers such as Robert Kennedy Jr. for design and architectural symposium and conferences
- Led planning, promotion, and execution of annual IIDEX/NeoCon international interior design exposition exhibit from concept, design specifications, and product selection, to presentation.
- Successfully negotiated premium space as well as production resources. Consistently won awards for booth presentation, new product innovation and won “Best of Show” award for multiple consecutive years.
- Managed all elements of yearly international sales meetings for 500+ attendees in such locations as Hawaii, Israel, Quebec City and Phoenix. Determined educational content, managed budget, created marketing material, hired appropriate speakers and negotiated contracts for all trade’s people.
- Cam’s Kids Foundation, Board Director
- Township of Uxbridge Tourism Advisory Board, Board Member
- SickKids Hospital, Volunteer, Oncology
- ARIDO Gala Awards, Committee Member
- Heart & Stroke Foundation, Corporate & Community Development
- Markham Stouffville Hospital, Volunteer; Speech Pathology & Surgical Recovery